Friday, March 23, 2012

Beautiful, Beautiful weather

Hello From Rockville

"Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth; break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises." Psalm 98:4

Oh, what beautiful weather, and the calendar says spring, the birds are out singing the grass is clothed in fresh green and the trees are showing green.
I continue to keep busy.  On Wednesday I spent time with a couple that used to live here, you may have heard me mention Harold and Marilyn, she is in a nursing home in Watkins and he has an apartment across the street from her so he is able to spend time with her everyday.  Harold knew I was coming but Marilyn did not, when I got there I was not sure if she would know me but her face lit up when she saw me I don't remember she called me by name but she recognized me as some one she knew.  I had lunch at the home with them and it was a great meal - breaded baked pork chop, cheesy potatoes, buttered cabbage, buttered bread and rice pudding for dessert and coffee, water or juice - I enjoyed every bite.  I had a great time and will try and visit again soon.
Sarah came over Thursday we had lunch together and it was so much fun spending time with her, in about a week she will be taking a vacation and head down to Chili for several weeks and is excited about her upcoming trip. 
This afternoon I went to an all you can eat fish fry, a benefit for the local volunteer fire department a good dinner and it was close enough to walk. 
That's it for now enjoy the beautiful weather......Fran

No comments:

Post a Comment