Friday, December 30, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS


Hello From Rockville
I don't know what happened but I have not been able to get into my blog I hope I can publish it.
Sue came home for Christmas we enjoyed a week with her. She took me to St. Paul to spend time with Doris and Bob we went out to a wonderful Chinese restaurant and had a great dinner.  It was so good to spend time with them.
I had Christmas with my family Christmas Eve day.  Rick & DeeAnn and Becky, Walt, Luke and Kate joined Denese, Sue and  me for a 1:00 O'clock dinner on the 24th.  We had so much to eat - ham, twice baked potatoes, corn casserole, green bean casserole, rolls, pumpkin pie, apple crisp, ice cream, cookies, milk, hot apple cider, coffee and I'm sure I forgot something, we played that "famous" game Take A Gift Away.     
Christmas Day (Sunday) we went to church and was treated to a light breakfast, rolls, juice, milk and coffee.  We had the Christmas story acted out with a real baby - he slept through the narration and play this was followed by a candle light service.  
Sue and I were invited to Rick and DeeAnn's for a 4:00 O'clock dinner on Christmas Day which I missed - I slept through it - explanation.  I have been having a runny nose (allergies) and commented to Sue about it and she suggested an allergy pill she carries with her would help, I took it and we headed down to Ricks.  We did some snacking and chatting and I sat down to visit and at that point I was so tired I went to the basement and snuggled into a recliner and ZONKED out, missing out a wonderful dinner - no more allergy pills for me I'll put up with the sniffles!!!  
Yesterday I meet Earlene and Dorene for lunch in St. Cloud also enjoyed the company of Dixie, Heidi and Joni, we chatted and chatted and ate and passed around lots of hugs.  I went home with a gift of Christmas cookies from Earlene and a box of candy and a calendar from Hawaii, a gift from Dixie, it is always fun to spend time with family.  I hope we do this again sometime.
This was not like my Christmas's have been for the last several years as they were spent with Harlan at the VA and I miss him, it has been 6 months (December 14th) but this was a good Christmas as I had my family with me, I am truly blessed.....Fran



1 comment:

  1. It was a nice Christmas shared with family. Too bad you went to bed hungry. Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete